View Single Post
Old 22.12.2016, 11:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,251 Times in 833 Posts
Thanked 19,838 Times in 7,650 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?

Quote:
View Post
I've bought lenses (including grey market ones) over Digifuchs- the grey market price is often a big discount, but as you said it comes without warranty.

Luckily I haven't had to use the warranty on any of the gear I've bought through them so I can't tell you if it's good or bad. But depending on how expensive that lens is and how well you treat your gear, it could be well worth the savings. If you're planning on taking a 5k$ lens to Burning Man you might want to get the warranty

If you have separate camera gear insurance that might cover the gear anyhow, so it's worth checking out...
Hi thanks for the reply. The saving is only 10chf in this instance over buying at Media Markt or Digitec... the only benefit is I can get it today and have it for my family Christmas event. However my spider senses are tingling, and I am loathe to pay out 1.5k if I don't feel fully comfortable with it, so will likely let it pass and do without a telephoto this year.