View Single Post
Old 04.01.2017, 11:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 288 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 15,572 Times in 8,660 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low cost Investment Funds in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
The appeal of Truewealth, beyond the convenience, is that it's very customizable. I don't use their default asset allocation either, but bias heavily towards US. There are lot of people who think/say they can do better, and perhaps they can, but it requires discipline and taking an active interest in the the process. Truewealth provides:
- ease of use - transfer the money and everything else is taken care of
- automatic rebalancing
- removal of the emotional element (being tempted to buy into the asset that has done well short-term)

I think for a lot of regular folks, especially given the highly priced, and overly conservative Swiss investment offerings, what Truewealth offers is compelling.

The 20% that you're referring to is true in an abstract sense (based on straight formula values), but that assumes you never make any mistakes on your own, always have time to manage everything, etc. I think in the real world it's a more complex consideration.
The biggest world stock market is the US, so it's normal that the US figures high. Bear in mind the US companies earn their income world wide & some US quoted companies have zero US sales.
Nestle for example is Swiss, however 98% of profits are from abroad. More profit comes from India than Switzerland.

I really don't get rebalancing, over time the quality of your portfolio diminish. I would rather hold winners than losers.