View Single Post
Old 06.01.2017, 16:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 322 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 17,096 Times in 9,355 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Well there are couple of problems with this logic, not surprising really!

As I understand it, unlike other EU countries a large portion of UK farmers rent rather than own their own farms, so just because land values have gone up it does not mean all farmers have become richer. And of course it does not really matter what the value of the land is, the farmer can not dispose of it with loosing his income are well.

As far as I can see from various studies on the internet it would appear that average family incomes in the framing area run at about 25K to 35K pa which does not seem to be that excessive as you seem to imply.
About 30% of farmers rent, according to wiki 'About 70% of farms are owner-occupied'.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricu...United_Kingdom

I was never talking about farm labourers........ or average of people living in farm areas. The profits will never go in their pockets.