View Single Post
Old 11.01.2017, 14:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 3,045 Times in 992 Posts
Helm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you compromise on? (property search)

We started talking about buying at around February. Nothing serious, just a "what if" kind of talk.

I got myself in a few mailing lists from immobilien. Took a look at 2-3 places without the husband, just for fun.

It had to be between our jobs (we work in 2 different directions of the train tracks). It had to be able to be paid in 10 years. It had to have at least 3 rooms. It had to have a good design - or the raw possibility for it. It had to be either a ground floor or attika. Everything else was negotiable.

By May, I visited an apartment with the husband, because from the plans it looked like more or less what I wanted. During that visit, the guy from the Era told us there was another apartment visit in the afternoon, perhaps more to my taste (he had meanwhile started to recognise me as the demanding architect. Apparently we architects are tough buyers).

We visited the place. Two weeks later we paid the deposit. We compromised in the area - it's a 3.5 apartment turned into a 4.5. But it compensated with a lot of very positive aspects.

It was quick and painless. I guess me being an architect and the husband at the time working with the mortgage market, we were quick to assess the market choices. Still happy with the choice.

Fighting for Pluto's liberation from the Dwarf League since 2006 @(°.°)=@)x.X)' ' '
The following 3 users would like to thank Helm for this useful post: