View Single Post
Old 11.01.2017, 17:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,551 Posts
BokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you compromise on? (property search)

Quote:
View Post
So how long have you been house hunting before finding your home? How did you find it? And what did you compromise on? Was it location? Or was it the garden? Or was it the age of the property? Or did you make compromises inside the house (layout, number of rooms, flooring, etc.)? Is it your dream home or do you ever regret your decision (especially if moving far away from the initially planned location?)
My current/soon to be former place (sigh!) - a 2-bedroom attic flat in a historical building, smack in the middle of the city - is awesome and ticks all my boxes, no compromises. And, it is the exact opposite of my husband's former place - a big house in the middle of the woods, ticking all his boxes!

Obviously we are looking for another place and clearly compromises are necessary. Must-haves for me are: farmers market, direct metro access to the city, large kitchen, a room that can be turned into office/library. I prefer to live in a diverse community if possible.

Must-haves for him are: close-by running/biking trails, space to park his cars and motorbikes, absolutely no next-door neighbors in immediate proximity (no apartments, condos/townhouses, etc.).

It's gonna be fun. Maybe.
The following 2 users would like to thank BokerTov for this useful post: