View Single Post
Old 12.01.2017, 16:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 179 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
And therein lies the problem. Breitbart produces almost exclusively fake news. I don't know enough about CNN to say whether that is the case there or not, it seems unlikely from what I've seen of it in the last few days as to whether it is anywhere near as skewed as BB though.

It seems true news from sources he doesn't like is labelled "fake", whereas "fake" news from sources he does like gets a pass. Sad.
I don't think many serious news outlets use fake news per se. They are too accountable to fact checkers, experts, and rigorous editorial processes, and if they consciously publish false information it would really invalidate all of their output! You'll always find corrections and apologies or when something is libelous then the possibilty of law suits is very real. What we have at the moment are leaks and conjecture, those are of course newsworthy however they are never presented as fact. The news outlets that are guilty of using fake news such as Fox or the Daily Mail or even many unaccountable online sources like Breitbart should be prosecuted where possible! The hilarious thing about this whole Fake News subject, is the way the fake news outlets have actually turned it on its head, so many conspiracy theorist using it as an excuse to challenge serious news outlets! Calling free independent press, propaganda machines for the multitude of conspiracies they believe in, it's quite frightening at the moment, mostly because people believe everything they read on the internet!
This user would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post: