View Single Post
Old 04.01.2007, 10:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London or Zurich

Quote:
Hello everyone,

First let me wish all of you a wonderful year ahead! may it be the best that has ever been but the worst of years to come

Now, if you could help me with my dilemma. I have two job offers for same position and same gross salary. One is in London and the other in Zurich. If any one of you has had the experience of living in both these cities, which would you recommend and why? both financially and socially speaking.

Thanks
London is a lot livelier with many more employment possibities and is a world city. However, it has a lot more crime and is considerably more crowded with much poorer transport.

Zurich definitely has a higher 'quality of life' based on the sort of objective measures that typical surveys use. If you want low crime, clean streets, great public transport etc. then it would win hands down. But many expats find the place to be extremely boring.

If you're young and looking for fun and wanting to carve a career, London is going to be a much 'better' place to be subjectively. It all depends what you are looking for.

Gav