View Single Post
Old 29.01.2017, 19:55
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rockyscud has no particular reputation at present
UK married nationals adopting in Switzerland

Hi all.
New to the forum, have been reading for a while and can see its a wealth of knowledge and shared experience so decided to post to see if I can get some pointers to a personal journey the wife and I are on (I have searched for info but can't find anything that matches our specifics).

We both have offers of employment in Zurich and Zug (probably live in Zug) and while this is an amazing and exciting opportunity for both of us its timing is 'possibly' not great.

We have both decided that we want to adopt (after a long and painful journey that led to us realising this is our only option for children). We now find ourselves at a crossroads, stay here in the UK and complete the adoption process or go for the Swiss offers and complete the Swiss adoption process ( we are both more than happy / delighted to adopt Swiss children).

My question (if anyone doesn't mind sharing their experience ) is

1. How would the Swiss adoption authorities view our application being fresh into Switzerland and at this point neither of us speaking German. We are in our early 40s, career types and no worries for financial stability - in the UK we would be seen as ideal candidates.
2. Can someone please send me a link to Swiss adoption services as I can't seem to find it (I can find agencies)
3. What is the Swiss process?

We could wait here in the UK and adopt with a view to move to CH after that however the UK process is at least 2 years (circa) and we both have amazing career opportunities now that we'd like to try and explore that may not present in 2 years.

Huge thanks and appreciation in advance to any advice given.