View Single Post
Old 01.02.2017, 12:08
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,008 Times in 8,800 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
So you believe everything that you read or hear?

Media conspiration predates the historical record.
I choose the way I see fit, from various sources and according to credibility I assign them. I do not support nor buy stuff that is not credible, to me. I think expecting truth without checking is lazy. I think expecting entertainment to be honest and authentic or pose for reality, is lazy. I also think blaming media for consumers' poor choices, is lazy. If media do not deliver, do not give them attention. In a free society - media saturate what people demand. If they demand entertainment, why even consider it a source of reality? I think marchers requested entertainment and now they blame medias for being "manipulated". Not even gonna get into how much fun and entertainment marches themselves offer (even without the socializing aspect and pink hats). Which I think is actually a primary reason that protests are popular. Do I think participants honestly want to inspire and change something? No. Too much noise - too little discrete and fruitful work. And it is interesting how alarming the news are about this particular issue, too. More alarm, more visibility, less credit media should probably get. I do not think they are predating. It is another charged term that people use, when they regret consumer's choice. Nobody is forcing consumers to spent attention, time and money on poor quality journalism. But protesters will eat up the alarmist tone, not realizing they are being toyed with, just because media adopt fake voice of solidarity. Give me a break.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

Last edited by MusicChick; 01.02.2017 at 12:40.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: