View Single Post
Old 02.02.2017, 12:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 24,104 Times in 9,318 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
I get it, you seem like your heart is in the right place and that's a good thing.

But you have to be really careful with this type of thinking, that you can justify violence on moral grounds.

Otherwise you might just end up facilitating and justifying things like the Charlie Hedbo murders

*Yeah, every now and then I like to drop some real shit
To be fair, I haven't seen TobiasM "justifying violence on moral grounds" in any of his posts. Justifying protest, yes, but not violence.

Unfortunately, that seems to be a running (and faintly sinister) tone among a handful on here - basically re-writing what others are saying to inject the necessary bile into it simply to justify their own counter-argument which you can then make a hyperbolic stretch to, in this case, "justifying Charlie Hebdo murders", which is clearly not the case.
The following 3 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post: