View Single Post
Old 02.02.2017, 12:51
Banned

Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
To be fair, I haven't seen TobiasM "justifying violence on moral grounds" in any of his posts. Justifying protest, yes, but not violence.

Unfortunately, that seems to be a running (and faintly sinister) tone among a handful on here - basically re-writing what others are saying to inject the necessary bile into it simply to justify their own counter-argument which you can then make a hyperbolic stretch to, in this case, "justifying Charlie Hebdo murders", which is clearly not the case.
No, he said he ''wouldn't give it two thoughts to offer anybody out, who I found was being offensive on the grounds of race or religion'' I thought he meant violence, perhaps I was wrong.

Which sounds good on the surface, go attacks some nazis, righteous.

The problem is, who gets to decide who the nazis are? And how much violence is then morally justified?

The reason I used the (rather extreme) example of the Charlie Hedbo murders, is because I think, with zero proof , that they honestly believed what they were doing was the right thing. That they were morally justified to carry out those actions. That's why it is so dangerous.
The following 5 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post: