View Single Post
Old 05.02.2017, 21:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 198 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 19,262 Times in 8,007 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Requirements for Health Insurance

Quote:
View Post
Thanks to mich for your messages.

As a conclusion we can state as follows:

If you are job seeker you have 3 months which you are not obey to pay health insurance.

if you are a worker as me, from the first day of arriving I need to contract an insurance.

In both cases I have to registered in the Canton? Right? In mi case giving as an Address the own of the Hotel. So if my first day of working is 3th of april I must contract an insurance to cover me from this day.

Another question. My fiancee will be here in Juli as a Job seeker . Should She registered in the Canton? In this case would it be an issue ? At the end of September we will get married. What we should do?

Thank you everybody for your time and help

Regards

Jorge
You must register when you arrive and before you start work. You have 3 months from that date onwards to find and subscribe to a health insurance provider but the premiums will be backdated to the date you registered so you have nothing to gain by delaying it. If you don't subscribe to health insurance by the end of the 3 months then the canton will assign one to you and they don't usually choose the cheapest option.

For your fiancée the easiest thing for her to do given that she is EU is to come in July as a tourist and start looking for work. It would be trickier to register and get a permit for her as you wouldn't be married.
Once you're married at the end of September and you come back to Switzerland as a married couple she can register and apply for her permit under the family reunification system unless she has already found a job by then. She is allowed to spend 90 days in every six months in Switzerland as a tourist without having to register.

Last edited by Belgianmum; 05.02.2017 at 21:40.