View Single Post
Old 06.02.2017, 20:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 191 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 1,879 Times in 926 Posts
Dack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputationDack Rambo has an excellent reputation
Re: Notice Period Question

Quote:
View Post
That was not my advice.
My advice was to ask the landlady if she accepts a replacement tenant, and get a written answer. Only once you have the No answer on a pice of paper you pull Art. 293 out of your sleeve. I said be sneacky and keep Art. 293 as a Joker.

Now you presented all your cards and your strategy. If she has just two brain cells left she will certainly accept a replacement for the remaining two months.
Now it will be your problem to find a suitable and solvent one which is willing to take the flat for just two months.

If you are lucky she has just one brain cell left and she will accpet your request.
I did of course first write to her asking if I could propose a new tenant and she did reply to me in writing saying that that was out of the question as she already had a new tenant (her friend) from 1 June. THEN I wrote quoting the article. Sorry for not making that clear.
The following 2 users would like to thank Dack Rambo for this useful post: