View Single Post
Old 07.02.2017, 15:19

Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I wouldn't mind wearing a kilt myself on occasions.

Maybe it helps if you are Scottish, have direct Scottish ancestry, or at least have a military connection that justifies wearing one. But I have none of these. It just wouldn't be right.

I don't go around wearing an Appenzeller costume either, just because I like their cheese.

So physically I could go and buy a kilt tomorrow. But I would feel difficulty justifying it or defending my choice.
As a Scot who wears kilts to formal events, I can wholeheartedly say I wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered if you did the same.

I have to say, the best reactions I ever get to wearing it come at non-Scottish events - I wore it to a Taiwanese friend's wedding and felt like a celeb as all his family over from Taiwan had never seen this before (and I was probably a good half foot to a foot bigger than most of them!) and were queueing up to get a photo!

So, in summary, if you want to wear a kilt and promote the virtues of Scotland in your spare time, be our guest. Beware the English though, they'll always try and lift it up after a few Carlings.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post: