View Single Post
Old 11.02.2017, 23:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 131 Times in 112 Posts
Thanked 9,922 Times in 5,279 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stop a running European toilet [ * tip ]

Quote:
View Post
Yep, and getting worse by the year.

Bauhaus has the biggest assortment, but I don't think there is one near to you.

The larger Migros and Coops have some stuff, but they are reducing the range, as far as I can tell.

Obi is sort of halfway between Migros and Bauhaus in terms of being able to walk in and get all the bits you want for your project.

As much as I dislike Box stores, I basically just go straight to the Bauhaus now.
Bauhaus in Schlieren?
I got an other question: I have a in-wall-built-flush-thingy. stop-running-european-toilet-tip-spuehl_abdeckung_wc.jpgThe cover is plastic and changed color to yellowish (was like that when I moved in already). Yep, I'm fussy, so I tried Cif and the likes, anticalc-stuff, scotch-sponge (the one you use for walls), baking-soda .... to no avail. I just read today that plastic changes color full stop. Nothing one can do.
True?
These things are not standardised are they? Like I can't get a cheap one in for example Bauhaus? I don't really want to spend money as I'm renting and my landlord doesn't care about tiny details like this.