View Single Post
Old 14.02.2017, 10:34
RIP

Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I've been here long enough for the general good quality of life to slowly become the norm. I do find it useful every now and again to take a step back and reconsider my position, and compare my life here as to how I would imagine it would have panned out back in the UK if I'd stayed there. I always come out feeling happier when I've done that. However for those that have lived here all their life there is nothing else to compare it against.
Agreed, that life here is much sweeter than in many countries, but if you fail to make the grade you might find your "friends" shun you and you end up on Swiss social security. Many suicides are teenagers that fear they cannot be as successful as their parents and friends: there is tremendous pressure on people to succeed here, something that highly qualified "visitors" rarely see.