View Single Post
Old 25.02.2017, 10:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 205 Times in 170 Posts
Thanked 14,189 Times in 7,347 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Invoice for damages received from landlord 5 months after leaving!

Quote:
View Post
I totally agree!! As a accidental landlord, I'm learning that maintenance and repair costs are insane. No long ago I paid $85 for a guy to tighten the screws on a refrigerator handle. A two minute job at most.

*Renting my US house while I'm here and what a pain that is.
Seriously, you call a guy to tighten the screws on a refrigerator handle? I think he should have charged you more. He had to get to your house and back (time, petrol, etc. etc.) probably even write you a bill .... and run after you to get his money .....

Depending on the size of OP's flat, the price to paint it including the window-frames, doors and radiators (which are a bitch to paint if they're the old type) the price is actually pretty good Remember, the poverty level according to you guys is 150K .... this painter is probably way below and has to get additional social-money

ASwissintheUS is right though, it's not OP's duty to pay that. As the landlord has to prove it was the tenant who dammaged things, see "Das Übernahmeprotokoll
– ein Muss? " in the linked document.
On the other hand I keep being surprised (which is probably just as dumb) how people move in and out of flats without protocols. Plus one has 10 days after moving in (same document, same paragraph under "Wichtig") to send in a "Mängelrüge" (notice of defects) which is also standard procedure here
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post: