View Single Post
Old 25.02.2017, 16:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 169 Posts
Thanked 14,169 Times in 7,340 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Invoice for damages received from landlord 5 months after leaving!

Quote:
View Post
This is not a very clear advice, since i half-heard my friend complain about their handover misfortunes, but apparently, there is an ombudsman-like organisation, that protects tenants rights. I think you pay an annual fee to be its member (a very small amount), and, if you encounter any problems at the leaving stage, this organisation will help with any issues you may have with the landlord. The landlord will always try to pin any issues on the leaving tenant, can't blame them for trying...
Anyways, if you have rented the flat for over two consecutive years, certain wear and tear things cannot be passed over to the tenant. You can't expect the tenant to live in the flat for five years and not scratch the floor or not to wear off the front door mat.

I hope for your sake google.ch finds you precise info on this organization. I believe in my friend's instance, they swiftly registered with them and sought help straight away. And got the matter resolved efficiently. Landlord nil, tenant one.
The Ombudsmann is for any trouble/quarrels/differences one has with cantonal administration/authorities. It is free for the citizen.
What you probably mean is the "Mieterverband" which has been mantioned in numerous threads on EF = OP should have found it!