View Single Post
Old 03.03.2017, 12:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 494 Times in 394 Posts
Thanked 22,066 Times in 8,974 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small appliances on extension cord: fire risk in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Years ago I renovated an old house, including upgrading the entire electrical system. As I had served my time as an electrician I did everything myself, from the fuse panel on, sometimes asking electricians about what the local code was, but mostly just using common sense.

Once I had completed the distribution side we called an electrical contractor to come and quote on installing a new distribution panel. Unfortunately I ended up being out of town on the day when the guy came to look at the existing installation so he could formulate a quote. Up till then I had just given him a list of how many breakers & size, & where I wanted GFIs and such.
Why didn't you do the fuse panel? Just wondering. Was it simply because you don't have the Swiss piece of paper saying you are allowed to do so?

I ask because our fuse/distribution panel is a mess and some circuits are missing RCDs so I'd quite like to get it all changed/modernized.