View Single Post
Old 05.01.2007, 12:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London or Zurich

Quote:
Hey guys,

Quite some interesting input and a variety of it too!! Made me more confused than I already was However, it seems to me that financially speaking, Zurich seems to top London while in the entertainment section London is the choice. Since at the moment, my career is a priority and add to that the company that I will be working in has a london branch too, so whenever I feel that zurich does not satisfy my personal likings, I can jump to London. Meanwhile, I hope in any case, it will not be so hard settling in zurich and making some new friends there.

thanks everyone
If your career is really priority then go to where the headquarters is, simple as that. Also note that jumping to the other city will require a work permit of some type which might not be as easy to get as you think and certainly will be more difficult than the first jump ie now. If neither Zurich or London is corporate or regional headquarters and you would want to be persuing career opportunities then London is going to give you more but it will hit your pocket more too. Accommodation in London, however, is horribly expensive. In Zurich it is just very difficult to find...

Socially it is all about you not the city as both cities have a life...