View Single Post
Old 13.03.2017, 08:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,163 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toddler Passport photos

Quote:
View Post
Hello everyone,

I am needing to get a id card done for my daughter. She is two years old and I am finding it very difficult to get a decent photo of her by myself that would be accepted. Does anyone have any advice about how to take a good toddler photo for passports and ids. I am also open to any suggestions that anyone might have for professionals that can take good id photos, especially when it comes to children and around the Zürich area. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.
What are the rules that you can't meet? Most ID requirements are less strict for young children.

All you need is an off-white wall and plenty of light (don't use a flash, too many shadows). It's also easier with a narrow aperture on your SLR or a nowadays a good phone camera, you don't want depth of field on this sort of factual picture.

Possibly she is reacting to your stress which is only going to get worse. I'd suggest sitting her in front of the necessary background and playing with her for a bit, then move back to get the camera, get her to look up, and shoot.

TBH my kids looked like grumpy criminals in all their early ID photos - I think that's normal, then they can look back at them and complain later

And I've printed them all myself - a good inkjet printer gives photos that are perfectly adequate for that purpose.
This user would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post: