View Single Post
Old 15.03.2017, 12:37
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,781 Times in 9,776 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
..Nationalism is just one of several means by which people end at war, but not why we do.
This.

There are those who will interpret nationalism as "superiority". Then those who will see nationalism as "caring for one's nation". I think when people debate, they need to make clear they are on the same page as per terminology. I do not, btw, know anyone who considers their nation to be superior to anybody else's. It seems definitely to be an unintelligent idea.

When 1914 and 1938 get mentioned, I always have a thought at the back of my head that links Merkel's open door policy with German dark history. A stigma to overcome.

Back to "make love, not war".

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: