View Single Post
Old 16.03.2017, 17:34

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Alright.

Left Wing and Liberal parties:
PvdA - 9
SP - 14
D66 - 19
GroenLinks - 14
PvdD - 5
VVD - 33
DENK -3

Total seats held by the above parties as of 2017 =97.

Total seats held by above parties (or equivalents) in 2012 = 41+38+15+12+3 = 109

Seats needed for a majority - 75.

Now, my maths may be a tad off, but if i remember my schooling correctly, 97 is, in fact, greater than 75...Can anyone confirm for me?

If, in the middle of the greatest crisis of the left wing, the right wing was able to reduce the majority of the left wing parties by only 12 seats, and less than 10%, while at the same time giving a foothold to new left wing parties, in an election they were widely expected to be the biggest player in, and at a time when the traditional left wing party has suffered a massive drop in support then i'm afraid the right has indeed failed.

By the way:

Total increases for all right wing parties = +13 seats.

And that is only if very generously, you include the CDA, who are actually centrist and not right wing. Without including the CDA, your right wing soared in the polls by all of 7 seats.

Total increases for the left wing parties? +22 seats.

Yeah, the left wing is "finished".
You've labeled the dutch equivalent of the Tory party as left wing. You're explanation is senseless.

I'll make it easy for you. How about you tot up the total number of seats won by Left wing Social Democrat party. Here's a hint, they won 25 seats last time out.