View Single Post
Old 05.01.2007, 15:05
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London or Zurich

Quote:
Note that these observations are only based on 2 months of living in Zurich and 5 years of living in London, so perhaps I'm a little biased. All in all, I'm missing London but I'll stick it out a bit longer here due to the specific nature of the job I have which could lead to big things. I'll reassess in 3 months time when my contract is up.
If you're into skiing/boarding, things have just got a whole lot better for you in Switzerland

You really came over at the worst time of year, IME Switzerland is at its worst in late Autumn/early Winter. Cold, wet and grey but not cold enough to ski. The Ski season is fantastic .. so good to be able to just jump in a car on Saturday morning, on a whim, and hit the pistes before lunch. I'm missing that already

Once the ski season is over, the hiking season begins. A great time to get out and about and see some stunning scenery.

However, the social possibilities are definitely lacking compared to London and don't really get any better. That said, with time you'll meet more and more people which will help.

Gav