View Single Post
Old 22.03.2017, 10:12

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
From your link
Aims of the Union; economic, social and territorial cohesion, and solidarity among member states.
Which was rejected in France and Holland.

Quote:
View Post
When people vote and reject eurosceptic parties, I think you'll find they are getting to vote. Just because the UK is eurosceptic, doesn't mean the rest of Europe is - I would have thought you might be one of the first to argue that the British are 'different'.

By that logic I can claim the opposite that the majority support greater integration in Europe and it's up to you to disprove it - which according to you cannot be done because apparently no one gets to express their opinion on it.

Basically we can all make up facts and demand that others disprove them, but that's not how logic works, I'm afraid.
Greater integration has already been rejected when put to vote, see above.

You can't compare electing for parties in national elections to that of a direct vote in referendums. Just because people vote for pro European parties that doesn't translate to pro-European. Case in point, Conservatives won the last election and in the main were pro-EU. However people still voted to leave the EU.