View Single Post
Old 23.07.2008, 22:01
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 43 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 1,488 Times in 713 Posts
fduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

I do agree with you on the empathy thing...seems too many people want to argue sometimes...

I happen to like living here, a lot. I liked living in Sweden and I liked living in the US, where I am from. I definitely understand when people need to vent about things, as everyone has their own tolerance for change and their own way of expressing what they like or dislike.

I remember being told once (when I was young and first moved abroad), that, "hate is a very strong word." I took that advice to heart and rarely use the word now. Hard for me to hate a place with so much natural beauty and great public transport. And floating down the Limmat for hours, with my fiancee and dog on Summer weekends has been so much fun. Warm water that you could practically drink...followed by a grilled brat and a beer.

Anyway...I feel privileged to be able to experience different places. One day, I will settle somewhere and keep fond memories of the places where I have lived...

fduvall

Quote:
View Post
I don't hate Switzerland - I think we've just got a cordial dislike of each other. But it doesn't mean I can't see why other people either really dislike it or really love it here.
Not everyone likes the same things, so I get a little annoyed with posters who say 'well everything's dandy for me, so you must be wrong/lying/mental', just as I do with the 'everything here bites ass' crowd. It's a rare thing in this corner of the forum to hear 'yeah, I don't agree, but I see what you're saying.'
Sure, I get annoyed when people here can't queue for toffee, but I like it that my bins are emptied twice a week. It's all part of living somewhere that isn't what you once called home - some things you like (Kasekuche), some things you don't (Rivella).
The following 2 users would like to thank fduvall for this useful post: