View Single Post
Old 24.07.2008, 09:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 91 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 1,777 Times in 963 Posts
flow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: negative stuff about life in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi, yes I do speak fluent German but Hochdeutsch, my Swiss German isn't good, I can understand Zürideutsch but Bern is tricky. All generalisationsa re fraught with danger, as an example of what I meant I could use the recycling idea. It makes sense to have collection points for bottles, clothing, tins and waste oil but why can't they have collection containers for paper and cardboard? They do in Germany but when this topic is discussed with some Swiss they insist that the Swiss system is far better - even though it may mean piles of neatly wrapped up paper being left on the pavements, sometimes for days. Containers just seemed to make more sense to me.
hahaha! who ever says the CH- collecting paper system is better is nuts, especially when she/he never has lived in germany and was used to this more convenient thing of collecting paper n cardboard. dunno about recycling, effectivity compared to germany...