View Single Post
Old 27.03.2017, 20:40
Forum Legend

Location: Sarganserland / NW Lower Peninsula of NE US Midwest
Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,392 Times in 2,307 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss driving licence valid in USA

Quote:
View Post
Hi Guys

Will my Swiss DL be valid for renting (and driving) a car in the USA?

thanks
sva
It's not simply "Yes." There are exceptions, namely Michigan, Wisconsin and Vermont, see this very useful post.

I could be in deep shi'ite in Michigan. As long as I stay in our county, there's no problem since I'm good friends with our County Sheriff and know all of his undersheriffs and most deputies. Outside, it's usually my OH that has to drive, just in order not to tempt fate.

I'm glad I got the credit-card-sized CH DL a few years ago. Last summer I got pulled over in our MI county. I'm sure the officer would have had a laughing fit if I had handed him the old blue blanket-sized DL.

"You know the world is f-cked up when you start to wonder if genocide could be prevented if the president of the United States owned a hotel in Kurdistan." Elle De Sylva
The following 3 users would like to thank Captain Greybeard for this useful post: