View Single Post
Old 27.03.2017, 21:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,552 Times in 9,828 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
One for the Brexit leavers: what is to be gained, by leaving the EU?

1. slightly more control on immigration, as EU citizens will soon need a visa to work in UK,
but the numbers might not reduce as Britain continually needs skilled and unskilled workers.

2. not remaining in the customs union means Britain can set it's own rates.

3. remaining a part of the European Court of Justice, will continue to help UK fight crime everywhere.

4. the financial commitments already made have to be respected.

Is that it? Have I made any errors? Are there any other factual advantages?

After watching the TV programmes on Sundays, over many months, it would seem that many lies which were put about before June 2016, have mostly been scorned at.

The task in hand: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-...he-eu-39261204
In addition
It seems that the UK will have to remain participating in some EU agencies after 2019. The reason is there is simply not enough time to create British versions of all EU agencies required plus the necessary expertise does not exist in the UK.
The CBI has estimated at last 34 new UK agencies require to be set up.

This implies UK still being under ECJ control in some areas plus payments continuing to be made to the EU after 2019 to pay for this participation.
Source (might be behind a paywall).

Let us not forget the Deloitte letter claiming that 30,000 new UK civil servants would be needed; so not much cost saving by leaving the EU.

According to the National Audit Office over a thousand new roles have been created to negotiate Brexit; only two thirds filled so far, mostly by transfers within the Civil Service.
Source