View Single Post
Old 24.07.2008, 12:26

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
irish_marmot has earned the respect of manyirish_marmot has earned the respect of manyirish_marmot has earned the respect of many
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

In regards to "hating" Switzerland - does anyone else find that it really gets them down when other expats rant about the Swiss? I know (as a poster rightly pointed out above) that saying "well just pack up and leave" to them is very glib and unrealistic but it really gets me down when people rant about the Swiss/Switzerland.

There are annoying things about living here - no dispute but there are annoying things about living everywhere. For me it looks like Ill be here pretty much pernamently (due to certain life choices/paths). I get homesick - and listening to expats rant makes me even more homesick. I want to make the best of the good stuff and deal with or ignore (whichever is appropriate) the bad stuff.

For me the thing I hate most about Switzerland is listening to expats (who happily benefit from the positives of living here) being unnecessarily negative about Switzerland.

Just my 2c
The following 7 users would like to thank irish_marmot for this useful post: