View Single Post
Old 24.07.2008, 12:59
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Starbug has earned some respectStarbug has earned some respect
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

Quote:
View Post
I for one agree entirely with your comments. I didn't actually start this latest chain in the thread "why I HATE Switzerland", I created a new thread which was intended to be a little light hearted look at teh quaint/amusing aspects of life in Switzerland but the postings were all moved to the "Hate" thread by the mods. If you check my Profile you'll note that teh main reason I haven't been anywhere near any "english" forums in any of the countries I've lived in since leaving the UK is that like you, I have no time for the moaning and whining about how this particular place is not as good or whatever when compared to home. As always in a forum, threads develop a life of their own. I didn't intend to start a list of things I hate, merely the amusing quirky aspects of this place - such as the waiting for the green man as noted by one poster.
I agree that if people don't like it here they usually have a choice to make, it might not be practical to just leave but moaning about it won't change things. To be honest, I regret having apparently awoken a sleeping dog with my thread of yesterday. I probably choise an inappropriate title but it was never meant to be a list of stuff I "hate".
Cheers
Thank you for the clarification! I agree, hate is a very strong word to use and unfortunately there are a lot of people who see that, jump on the bandwagon and start listing all the things they find annoying and irritating and above all, what they don't actually understand. I have spent my whole life in the expat world in some form or another - I have always tried to take the best out of every place I have lived in because at the end of the day, every country has something that is not to ones taste. It's just sad that some of the things people complain about are without rhyme or reason and would probably complain as vigorously if they were at home. On a whole, I have adjusted well to life in Switzerland - with a little effort, it is possible.