View Single Post
Old 24.07.2008, 13:11

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
terramundi has an excellent reputationterramundi has an excellent reputationterramundi has an excellent reputationterramundi has an excellent reputation
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

Quote:
View Post
Communal rather than cantonal, I think you'll find.
Here we take paper and cardboard to the dump along with everything else. The only thing the commune collects is household rubbish (no expensive bags or stickers required!).
Best recycling system I've seen is in Paris (yes, it's true!!!). Every building has 3 types of bins - one for glass, one for non-recyclable domestic waste and then all other basic recycling (tins, plastic bottles and bags, cardboard, paper and small electricals) goes in the third. The bins have different coloured lids to distinguish them and are collected on a daily or twice weekly basis and nobody has to put stickers on anything or tie anything up.

Great for the householder - no sorting and storing, don't have to drive or carry stuff to the recycling points, no stinky bags hanging around in communal areas.

Apparently recycling rates in Paris have increased greatly since this system was introduced.
This user would like to thank terramundi for this useful post: