View Single Post
Old 24.07.2008, 13:24
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
fz750 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

Quote:
View Post
In regards to "hating" Switzerland - does anyone else find that it really gets them down when other expats rant about the Swiss?

[SNIP]

For me the thing I hate most about Switzerland is listening to expats (who happily benefit from the positives of living here) being unnecessarily negative about Switzerland.
Just my 2c
Well, consider the other side of the coin, having been here for nearly 20 years and also probably not going to leave anytime soon, one of the things that really ****es me off (and which is extremely prevalent here, which is why I rarely read anything) are the long-term ex-pats (naturalised or otherwise) who seem to feel the need to defend the swiss to their last dying breath, and explain in a logical way why everything that the swiss do makes sense etc.

I like living here, otherwise I wouldn't still be here, but it takes a lot to maintain one's sanity (or what little is left).

Personally, and stealing something that originated from Ernest Hemingway who when asked if there were one quality needed, above all others, to be a good writer, replied, “Yes, a built-in, shock-proof, crap detector.”, I would say that such a thing is also what is needed when living in switzerland...

For the non-believers (on the theory that the old one's are the best ones..):
http://fishnchips.wordpress.com/2007...too-long-when/
This user would like to thank fz750 for this useful post: