View Single Post
Old 02.04.2017, 14:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,179 Times in 9,669 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Not stereotyping (DB, you are well wound up mate!), but the reality of these jobs. A couple of (adult) children of friends of ours did it because they'd drop out of their studies, and yes, there are a lot of shite jobs out there, paid with kick in the butt and not much job protection. They are essential jobs, though and, judging by the number of vacancies regularly re-advertised in local rags, not many people are willing to take them on.

I wouldn't, and I've done some crap jobs in my young adult life!
I have a Swiss friend who was the manageress of the in house restaurant for the HQ of a major Swiss firm.
They outsourced the catering and as she was over 50 was unable to find a similar job.
So she took a course and now gets up early and wipes bottoms in the local old people's home.
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post: