View Single Post
Old 02.04.2017, 20:40
szdro szdro is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Schwyz
Posts: 136
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
szdro has earned some respectszdro has earned some respect
Re: Regulations on house rental (Permit B v.s. C)

View Post
Non-EU B can't buy with intention to let right away, you have to live there for a while, establish a residence. It's not forbidden to rent out if you decide to move out abroad or somewhere else in Switzerland. The law (BewG/BewV) regulates just the part about buying.
Do you know how long is enough to establish a residence?

View Post
It's totally possible for a single spouse to be 100% sole legal owner. Whoever's name is in the land registry is the owner. It can be one spouse, or another, or both in some fixed well-defined proportion, depending usually on how much cash each contributed.

Complications may arise however in case of divorce if you're a couple with "Gütergemeinschaft" status - then your assets are indeed considered shared.
So it seems it's better to let permit C holder to own 100% provided he also funds the house/mortgage completely. Will the permit B spouse be taxed heavily when the property is inherited? (e.g. permit C spouse passed away)
Reply With Quote