View Single Post
Old 02.04.2017, 23:39
szdro szdro is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Schwyz
Posts: 136
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
szdro has earned some respectszdro has earned some respect
Re: Regulations on house rental (Permit B v.s. C)

View Post
This is completely wrong, there's no law that forces you to do that. BewG/BewV regulates just buying of the property.

However it's not really necessarily a wise decision to keep the house if you leave Switzerland. Managing the property from far abroad is a challenge, you'd need to hire and pay some local guy or agency to run it. AFAIK this is even a legal requirement: authorities and utilities need a local contact for questions regarding to property. And then you'd need to file and pay swiss taxes every year and potentially deal with double taxation issues with your new country.
It may not be a wise decision, but it's good to know it's an option and could be a compromised solution before I can sell it and move on.

View Post

Not really. You're free to choose when marrying whether you want to have a separation of wealth (Gütertrennung) or shared wealth (Gütergemeinschaft). With separate wealth, you can have the house all to yourself - but it's not a guarantee that your spouse won't get a bite of it during divorce, especially if she's earning less than you and has kids custody.
That's good to know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote