View Single Post
Old 03.04.2017, 13:13

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Since it was not firmly stamped on by Mrs May and her Government. Unfortunately, this has been picked up by all the world's Press and TVs- and the Spanish, and the Argentines, etc- who are not aware that he is retired. the damage is done- unless the GVT firmly refute this and clearly say 'Mr Howard is retired and he does NOT represent us/The UK'. The article in the Telegraph has also been picked up by the world - with such stupid and such Imperialist style conclusion that 'we could still singe the King of Spain's beard' from 500 years ago la 'Britannia rules the waves' ...! How inflammatory and damaging can that be- and so stupid as it is clear that the military capacity of the UK is so diminished

From another friend:

I don't want a blue passport (at the cost of 500m)
I don't want Imperial measurements
I don't want asylum seekers beaten up
I don't want 92% of European NHS staff to make plans to leave the UK
I don't want to go to war with Spain
I don't want to live in some glorious Imperial past that never existed
I don't want everything to get more expensive
I don't want to be on the side of Trump, Putin, Wilders and Le Pen
I don't want to live in an isolated monolingual, monocultural country
I don't want all this time, money and energy to be spent on this suicidal farce when so many public services are in crisis (and not because of migrants - whatever the Mail says - but because of decades of underinvestment)
I just want some reason and sense to come back into our lives.

Last edited by Odile; 03.04.2017 at 13:42.