View Single Post
Old 03.04.2017, 13:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,909 Times in 7,670 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I am so sorry you lost your job. But with unemployment benefits at 80% of salary for almost 2 years starting in a few months- plenty of time to find another job. As for UK, no problem in taking a non EU wife to UKwith a teacher salary. With your experience around 30 to 38K in UK (you need a salary of 18.600 to bring your wife, and 27.200 with 3 kids) and with the sale of a Swiss house with the being so low- should be fine. Agreed that among expats here, a teacher salary is low by comparison to the average EF salary. But my post was not personal- as you are not the only one who voted 'leave' it seems. And you did make it clear before many times you had no intention to go back- so I hope you do get a new job soon.

Good luck with the job search, and I can assure you I am fully aware of how privileged we are- despite losing 60% so far on our income. Totally.

Which is why I am concerned about my loved ones in UK, our grandchildren - and even more about all the people who voted 'leave' because they were pumped full of lies and have little chance of finding another unskilled job if their employer goes down the tubes due to Brexit. Sad- tragic. Many people leave school unskilled - and most of them are not oiks (whatever they are).
What is shocking for me is the fact that as a UK citizen you need special approval and criteria met to be able to bring your family????

Excuse me but this looks outrageous even for someone who has absolutely nothing to do with whatever situation. It can't be.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: