View Single Post
Old 04.04.2017, 12:14
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 73 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,039 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canyon purecycling online bike order

Quote:
View Post
Do you use a border delivery service (Mandy Klein or similar?) or is there an actual border delivery address??
How do you get the appropriate tax refund form if it's being delivered to a German address?
I used http://www.europaketshop.ch/. It was a breeze. I ordered a bike from Canyon on Thursday afternoon, had a message on Friday telling me they'd shipped it, and an email first thing on Saturday from Europaketshop telling me the bike had arrived (at their Waldshut branch). I drove to Waldshut and collected it. The whole thing, from order to collection, took less than 48 hours.

At Waldshut, they also are happy to allow you to unpack it there and then and dump the cardboard. This was welcome, as I could then get the thing in my normal saloon car. Boxed up, it wouldn't have fitted. Remember to remove the documentation from the outside of the box before discarding! (Remember to tell Canyon it's for Swiss import, and they'll give you paperwork for both the German and Swiss customs).

After collection, I drove about 100 metres to the German customs office to get my paperwork stamped, and then drove across the border where I parked and paid my Swiss tax -- about 75 CHFs.

It was incredibly easy and quick.

Being a totally unpractical person, I didn't find assembly quick or easy. I had to look at a few YouTube videos and read the relevant part of the manual a few times. Even then, I'm not certain I have everything adjusted properly, so I intend to take it to a local bike store to be checked over.