View Single Post
Old 11.04.2017, 15:17

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
frickfrack has no particular reputation at present
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
As a British working class person, I'm neither stupid nor gullible nor politically unaware. I've voted Liberal my entire adult life specifically because I believe that PR is one of the most important requirements in a functioning society, though oft neglected, and the various incarnations of the Lib Dem party are the only ones who've consistently had PR as a major manifesto issue. That neglect has led generations of people to believe that their vote doesn't matter, and that's why you get people disengaging from the political system and seeing it as a matter decided by 'elites'.

What I heard from people who voted Leave was that it was the first time in their life where they felt their vote was equal to everyone else, so they voted for change rather than more of the same. Now, I'm not risk adverse, but I like calculated risks, not change for the sake of change.

Just out of curiosity, did any of them express regret over their Leave vote after the fact? I'm curious if the media's stories about people in the Leave camp regretting their decision actually holds merit, or if it's more drama. Did you experience this at all?