View Single Post
Old 11.04.2017, 15:39

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
frickfrack has no particular reputation at present
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I'd be surprised if people didn't regret their decision, especially regarding a vote as important as this. If I hadn't done the reading I did in the days before I finally crossed the box, I should imagine that I would have had a few wobbles afterwards (although, if I hadn't done the reading, I'd have probably gone for Remain in the first place).

Brexit is unlikely to be pretty or painless - big transitions rarely are - but that doesn't mean it should be regrettable. I don't think the Indians or the Americans enjoyed their great national transitions very much, but you'd be hard pressed to find any who would want to return to the days of the British Empire.
Fair enough. I would imagine that some people felt a bit of regret due to misinformation and new realizations that came to light after the vote was final. If this is the case, then you could argue that people were misinformed or had a lack of information before making the vote. It's just hard for me to believe this is the case with so many different media outlets and sources coming at this thing from every angle.