View Single Post
Old 11.04.2017, 16:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Just out of curiosity, did any of them express regret over their Leave vote after the fact? I'm curious if the media's stories about people in the Leave camp regretting their decision actually holds merit, or if it's more drama. Did you experience this at all?
I only know 3 people who voted Leave, so it's hardly a fair representation, but to answer your question, No, not that I'm aware of.

The one I'm the closest to was shocked and angry when Cameron resigned, then disgusted when Johnson and Gove both pulled out of the leaderhip contest. We talked at great length before and after the referendum, mainly because she was getting a hell of a lot of abuse from colleagues for her opinion, but I know her family and always knew she'd vote in line with them, regardless. They've always actively held her back in her ambitions for further education and a new career, but now that she's been made redundant as the result of her job being transfered to the continental European division (allegedly), and her kids have all left home, perhaps she'll finally follow her ambitions.