View Single Post
Old 15.04.2017, 10:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
acmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond reputeacmilan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Post photos of what you cook and bake in Switzerland

The last time I posted this dish over a year ago, I only had the chance to take a pic of it before it being sliced up. My mates just dug in with spoons instead of being able to serve portions. I really encourage to give this Tiramisu recipe a try. It is summery, very fragrant and also extremely flavorful and smooth in texture.

Limoncello Tiramisu
  • 750 grams mascarpone
  • 200 ml double cream
  • 100-150 grams caster sugar and 2 additional tablespoons to go into the limoncello and espresso mixture
  • zest and juice of 1.5 oranges
  • 200 ml espresso
  • 50 ml limoncello
  • lady's finger biscuits or simple thin sponge. I made lemon drizzle pound cakes and sliced them half cm thin for each layer. You can use whatever you fancy.
  • strawberries slices
  • cocoa powder

I made mine in a 9cm deep and 20cm wide casserole / pie dish. Allowed me to do 4 layers with a little of the mascarpone filling left over which I used to fill a small bowl.
In a bowl, mix together the warm espresso and limoncello and 2 tablespoons of of caster sugar. Set aside as you'll need this to be cool.

In a large bowl, gently mix together the mascarpone and the cream until well blended. Make sure you do this gently. If you wisk too fast, the mixture might toughen up. I just mix it with a fork. then add anything between 100 and 150 grams of the caster sugar and blend in gently. then add the zest and the juice of one and half oranges and blend in. The mixture will loosen with the addition of the juice.

Get your bowl and line the base either with a thin layer of sponge cake or lady's finger biscuits. using a ladle or spoon, lightly drizzle the coffee and limoncello mixture on the cake layer, but making sure not to put too much. spread on 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture and garnish all over with thinly sliced strawberries.

then do the next layer again repeating the process of drizzling the espresso mixture onto the cake layer, then the mascapone mixture and then the strawberries.

For the final / top layer. Add the slices of cake, drizzle with the coffee and limoncello mix and then top off with the mascarpone cream.

Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours or ideally overnight.

Take out of the fridge, remove cling film and grate on dark chocolate or you can just put cocoa powder.
Attached Thumbnails
post-photos-what-you-cook-bake-switzerland-17916431_10212867753919513_1023268843_o.jpg  
The following 2 users would like to thank acmilan for this useful post: