View Single Post
Old 24.04.2017, 09:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 7,223 Times in 3,404 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heinous wording in lease application...

Quote:
View Post
Hi Tom, the wording of the lease application is where my concern lies. Being charged 300 CHF for the opportunity to review a contract seems outrageous and iniquitous to me. However, as I have acknowledged, I signed the lease application so I only have myself to blame! :-(

I am not worried about the terms of the contract as these are simply not acceptable to me and, if the Immobilien cannot/will not change them, then I continue my apartment search.

Kind regards
Rachel

The lease application DOES NOT have a fee. This is the application where they decide if you are acceptable as a tenant or not. After they have a made a decision, BEFORE the lease is prepared, you are informed that you are the successful applicant. This is how it should work. If you tell them not to prepare the lease, which is your right, there is no cost to you.

It is AFTER the lease application is prepared that you have the chf 300 charge if you back out, according to the paragraph on the application.

Just to give you some perspective from the owner/property management side, there are some tenants who never sign the lease and do not send it back, nor do they communicate with the landlord/owner.

Many applications have a fee of chf 50 for backing out after the lease is prepared and really just barely covers admin fees and time.

What is wrong the lease conditions other than the first opportunity before you can give notice and the notice periods per year?

The following 4 users would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: