View Single Post
Old 04.05.2017, 00:34
RIP

Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Markarina has an excellent reputationMarkarina has an excellent reputationMarkarina has an excellent reputationMarkarina has an excellent reputation
Re: The Actifry ,Recipes and more

Quote:
View Post
Just saw this thread...

Anyone know how one can get a substitute green spoon? Someone who shall not be named (Mr. Helm) left the spoon inside the frier and we had a deformed green lump when the timer was off...

I've been using the precise method of guessing for a few months, but maybe I could find a spoon somewhere?

---

I've had mixed results with the Actifry. Usually, cooking the potatoes - even the right quality, with the right quantity of oil, after soaking and properly drying them - ends up with them kinda mushy instead of crispy.

We've achieved better results by putting them on the little metal basket half way through the timer, so that they dry a bit more. But still I am trying to achieve the promised crispness without success.

Any tips?
You're luck I have one from a previous actifry, pm me your address and i'll send it to you.

I found that microwaving the fries for about 4 minutes helped, may be it gets rid of some the moisture.