View Single Post
Old 08.05.2017, 23:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 100 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 1,382 Times in 631 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: engaging an architect

Quote:
View Post
Were you happy with them? I'm looking for creativity. We have an "odd" home and need some brilliant ideas.
I'm not sure anyone is ever 100% satisfied with any architect or builder. We didn't like designs from 2 of the 3 architects while the 3rd was much more creative (Ultimately perhaps too creative as we encountered issues that they failed to recognize ahead of breaking ground). We also were quoted significantly different prices to build the home too

Most people these days I suspect shop around for a variety of everyday items, architect seems like the sort of thing you should do extensive research on - interview people who have had their homes done by them or at a minimum view the homes. Once past the architect, bigger issues will be ahead from all the subcontractors and builders who will present an entirely different set of hurdles
The following 2 users would like to thank FCBarca for this useful post: