View Single Post
Old 10.05.2017, 15:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 386 Times in 298 Posts
Thanked 16,659 Times in 9,410 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work Permit/Student Visa

Quote:
View Post
I don't know. But your partner should ask at her Swiss municipality, at the government office for marriages, called, in German, the Standesamt.

Maybe my idea was a poor one. I've now looked at
https://www.ch.ch/en/civil-wedding-ceremony/
and if I understand it correctly, both parties must first be resident in Switzerland, in order to marry.
Yes, but that isn't necessarily a problem. The fiance applies for a fiance permit for their intended and if granted will give them time to arrange the wedding here.

I doubt it would be quicker than doing it in Hungary as they already have a date there now. Swiss would want to do the same verification of documents, make sure it isn't a sham marriage just to get a permit, etc, etc. And I also doubt a fiance permit would allow the OP to study here which is the aim at the moment.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: