View Single Post
Old 10.05.2017, 16:54

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
aykutciftci has no particular reputation at present
Thank you. Next week we will be in touch with the immigration office. That would be great if I can start the school while the permit is in progress

Quote:
View Post
It's not going to be quicker in Switzerland. Get married on the date you have planned. Once you register and your permit is in process, you should be able to start school.

Call the municipality where you GF lives and the university to verify.

Good luck and congratulations!
Thank you Medea. I think, Hungary is the best option to marry for the time being

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but that isn't necessarily a problem. The fiance applies for a fiance permit for their intended and if granted will give them time to arrange the wedding here.

I doubt it would be quicker than doing it in Hungary as they already have a date there now. Swiss would want to do the same verification of documents, make sure it isn't a sham marriage just to get a permit, etc, etc. And I also doubt a fiance permit would allow the OP to study here which is the aim at the moment.
Indeed, Hungary looks like the best option for now..I really appreciate for your kind help.

Quote:
View Post
I don't know. But your partner should ask at her Swiss municipality, at the government office for marriages, called, in German, the Standesamt.

Maybe my idea was a poor one. I've now looked at
https://www.ch.ch/en/civil-wedding-ceremony/
and if I understand it correctly, both parties must first be resident in Switzerland, in order to marry.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 10.05.2017 at 23:44. Reason: merging consecutive replies
This user would like to thank aykutciftci for this useful post: