View Single Post
Old 13.05.2017, 21:52

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
zigg has no particular reputation at present
Driving License conversion problem

Hey guys, I have this little big problem with my driving license conversion, and I thought maybe someone knows something to help me out.

So the problem I have is that i tried to change my driving license that I got in my own country for the swiss one, but apparently you need to get your driving licence 12 months before entering switzerland and before getting your residence (something that I havent seen anywhere on the Ch website). I thought in a foolish way that it would be fine to do my license in my own country during the summer vacation after 2 years of living in Switzerland and afterwards converting it to the Swiss one(thinking it would be easier with the language and what not).

But now after sending them all the documents and forms that i filled and including the original driving licence, they decided to keep the original license and making me do the whole driving school once again but in Switzerland.

My question is, has it happened to someone else as well?. And if yes, do I have to redo the Swiss driving school again or just the tests (theoretical and practical).

Thank you
The following 2 users would like to thank zigg for this useful post: