View Single Post
Old 02.06.2017, 16:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 386 Times in 298 Posts
Thanked 16,655 Times in 9,407 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is "C" Permit linked to living or working in CH?

Quote:
View Post
Wrong! It only becomes invalid if you notify the authorities of a departure of more than 6 months and they rescind the permit.
You can leave for more than 6 months and retain a C-permit. Nobody can know how many nights you slept in CH and how many you slept in other countries!
I know this from experience. A colleague of mine retained a C-permit in CH for more than 3 years whilst living, working and studying in Ireland. I dealt with all her mail and taxes for the entire time she was away. She did not want to lose the C-permit, whatever the cost. It is perfectly legitimate for your declared income to drop down to zero.
Sorry, but wrong. From the Foreign Nationals Act:

"Section 2: Expiry and Revocation of Permits

Art. 61 Expiry of permits

1 A permit expires:
a. on notice of departure abroad;
b. on the grant of a permit in another canton;
c. on the expiry of the term of validity of the permit;
d. on expulsion in terms of Article 68.2

If a foreign national leaves Switzerland without giving notice of departure, a short stay permit expires after three months, and a residence or permanent residence permit (expires) after six months. On request, a permanent residence permit may remain valid for a further four years."

What she may have done is have her permit put on hold which is possible as she was gaining further education abroad.

If she she didn't put her permit on hold however, then sorry, but it was illegal as she was no longer a resident here.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
This user groans at Medea Fleecestealer for this post: